So today is Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) and it was quite a fun Christmas I must say. We ended up staying in and watching Christmas movies and eating lots of food and having lots of drinks. My roomate Mary made a full english Christmas meal while completely drunk. She woke up and started in on the champagne, then made mulled wine, then continued to drink more wine after that. Later in the night we started playing drinking games and in the one we were playing you had to basically make someone drink and she kept just picking herself..you know that you're f--ked up when you start doing that. While 3 of the girls were cooking in the kitchen me, Eric and my roomate Scott sat in the living room and drank beer and watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, always a good film, and then blared the Aussie Cricket anthem over and over again..Come on Aussie, Come on Come on!! I think the best bit though besides the drinking games and the arguments over whose party was better, the kitchen crew (who were blaring the Ultimate Kylie CD and arranging cheese plates) or the living room crew (telling stories, singing loudly) was definetly when Scott went into the kitchen with the video camera and filmed Mary putting the roast in the oven, only to see her ovenmitt go up in flames and then her scream and run across to the sink in a complete panic..all caught on film, too funny, naturally we had to watch it about 10 times. I did learn some new drinking games which is always fun, Scott claims to be a human encyclopedia of drinking games so I bet I know lots and lots more before I leave here. Also I went out on Christmas Eve which was quite fun, lots of people out and all of us had some good roomate bonding time. Mary and I ended up being up til 5am...so it's been a busy and fun couple of days..today I'm taking it easy just went to see the yacht race go through the harbor which was cool...oh and also the other day in the mall the carolers were singing Dancing Queen, acapella with tamborines and everyone in the mall was clapping along...it was too funny. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment