Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Fitness First!!

I'm so excited my original temp job ended this past Tuesday and on Wed. morning I had an interview and I got the job, started this morning (Thurs.). I'll be working at Fitness First Australia Corporate headquarters for the rest of the time I'm here in Australia. They are a huge chain of gyms (kind of like 24 hour fitness) with gyms all over UK, Asia and Australia you can check out their homepage at http://www.fitnessfirst.com.au/ Anyways so far everyone is really nice and friendly and their offices are cool..they have flat screens everywhere that show all the music videos that are currently being shown in the gyms...and we know how much I love music videos so the fact that I could watch them all day at work is fab. I'm working in the Accounting Dept. and responsible for vendors Q-Z that's me!! Probably the work is not super exciting but I really like the offices and the people so far and apparently they have lots of parties there. The Australian headquarters for Haviana Brazialian flip flops is on the floor above us and they were having a sale to get them 2 for $10 so of course I had to run up and do that..the guy that sits at the cube next to me says that they do that about twice a month so I will probably end up with every pair of those that they've ever made. Another plus is that the offices are at Bondi Junction (not far from the famous Bondi Beach) and also not far from my house, about a 10 min. bus ride, anyways can you tell I'm excited about my new job?? They wanted me to work there on a one year contract but of course I can't b/c of visa issues, unless I can get sponsored by them to stay in the country a bit longer who knows..but at least I know for the next 3 months I have a cool job...okay I gotta get back there before I get in trouble on the first day.

No comments: