So apparently I'm not alone in wanting to wander, there was an interesting article in today's paper about the 25-34 age group and what big cities are doing to attract us to live there b/c apparently our demographic is very mobile and willing to move to places that have the characteristics that we want, and what are those characteristics you ask?
"They are people who, demographers say, are likely to choose a location before finding a job. They like downtown living, public transportation and plenty of entertainment options. They view diversity and tolerance as marks of sophistication."
The article goes onto to state that we as an age group are, "Mobile but not flighty, fresh but technologically savvy, "the young and restless," as demographers call them, are at their most desirable age, particularly because their chances of relocating drop precipitously when they turn 35."
I actually totally agree with this article, it's pretty much how I feel, I would rather choose a location where I want to live and then find a job and I do value those characteristics in a city, not to mention I'm hoping that my proclivity to move will lessen by the time I'm 35...perhaps by that time I'll have been attracted by one of the cities that are trying to "lure" our age group there..which are namely..Atlanta, Denver, San Francisco, Charlotte, Portland and Austin..anyways very interesting article, something to ponder..you can read the whole thing at
Cities compete for Young, Restless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment