You know I’d forgotten what it was like to work for the university. I’m back at the place I worked before I went to Australia working temporarily until I go back. I’m glad to have the chance to earn some extra money before I go back (which will hopefully fund my permanent residency application—lord knows what crazy fees I’ll have to pay). Anyways I forget the craziness of everything here. Example #1: Yesterday someone had to set up a classroom for a lecture, that someone asked another co-worker to call and wake them up 10 min. before while they took a nap, said co-worker forgot to call and the lecture didn’t get set up. Example #2: Someone asked me how to do a resume, this someone (incidentally the sleeper from ex. #1) had never done one b/c they’ve worked here forever and have never had to do a resume. Although probably wise for this individual to get a resume together given their proclivity for naps. Example #3: A co-worker I used to share an office with came into another work area and was being really loud, someone said she should be quiet before she gets in trouble, to which awesome co-worker replied..I can’t get in trouble, I’m grown.
I agree, I’m grown dammit and I can do damn near anything I want, within the law of course and I think it’s high time to take full advantage of that fact, it’s easy to forget. Sometimes you feel trapped by things you’re “supposed” to do, or think you’ll ruin your life by making a choice to follow what you want to do, but lately my thinking is I’ll ruin my life if I don’t follow my dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think the world is in serious danger when you have started to use the word proclivity...AJ
OMG - that's really inspiring. I think I've actually and honestly forgotten what it is to dream. I'm too busy being stressed out at my government job :) SUCK!!!
And I love that saying, "I can't get in trouble. I'm grown." My new motto...
Post a Comment