Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Decision Time

So after being back in the US for about a month and doing lots of thinking on it, I’ve decided that I’m gonna apply for Permanent Residency in Australia. Most likely it’ll be an unsuccessful endeavor being that I don’t exactly fit into one of the skilled occupation categories that are pretty much guaranteed a place. A couple of my classmates are currently applying and one is now taking classes as a pastry chef so she can get in under that category and another classmate is simultaneously getting her masters in international business and going to beauty school so she can get in under the hairdresser category (if you saw some of the hair there you’d understand why there is a dire need for beauticians). I’m not gonna go to those lengths but hell it’s worth a shot figure I might as well apply and hope for the best, I could stand a couple more years down under. So why do I wanna stay? Couple reasons—If I do I plan to live here:
http://www.noosa-heads.net/qldtourism/

It’s only about 1 hour north of where I live now on the Sunshine Coast. Also as Ben Folds says in his song Adelaide:
The world could turn and crash and burn and you would never know
The air is clear
There’s better beer
There’s never any hurry, fuss or worry

And that folks I could definitely stand for a while longer.

1 comment:

Courtney O. said...

Wow - it's beautiful there. I would stay a little longer too!!