Friday, October 07, 2005

Crazy Foreigner Antics

Yesterday I had a group paper due in my Business in Australia class at 10am, at 9 we met to put final touches on everything and of course one person couldn't be there and we didn't have his part, said he'd get to school by noon at the latest. So we go to class and tell the prof and she says when he gets there we can leave class early (class ends at 1pm) and get the paper to her by 1pm, so Jean-Francois (yep..French, actually from Mauritus which used to be a French colony) shows up about 12 and let the mad dash begin, our group, Me, Nico (French), Katya (Russian and angry at this point), Jean-Francois, and Shirlee (the girl I mentioned in my blog that used to be a drinky girl in China) set off to the computer lab..once we get there Jean-Francois is on one computer trying to get his part together and Katya is on another while me and Nico look over her shoulder and try to help her get an extra section added..where is drinky girl you ask..just sitting there with a grin on her face..and it gets even better b/c as it gets closer to 1pm and we get more frantic..I swear everyone is sweating at this point drinky girl hops up and starts taking pictures..yep photo time..it was so random and sooo funny (well now anyways) but the best bit was after she took her first round of photos she then taps Nico and tells him to take a picture again with her in it, so he takes a photo (she targeted the right person b/c he is so nice he wouldn't tell her to fuck off like the rest of us probably would have) and then after he takes it and looks at it on her camera..he says to Katya..you are looking very Russian in this photo..and she says..Does that mean I'm looking extremely pissed off. Yep that's exactly what it meant and yep she was extremely pissed off..I think she was ready to deck drinky girl. I'm gonna e-mail drinky girl and see if I can get copies of the photos to post..they are priceless I"m sure.

1 comment:

Courtney O. said...

I bet it's interesting to have such a mixture of personalities/cultures in your classes...I'm betting that French procrastinator and/or Chinese drinky girl get beat up by angry Russian by the end of the semester...I live in fear/intrigue of angry Russians after all :) I wonder what stereotype they use for Americans? So many juicy ones to choose from!!!
So which job did you decide to take?