Thursday, March 03, 2005
The Norweigan Student Club
So last night I became a member of the Norweigan Students Club or Norsk as they call it. I came home from class yesterday and my German roommate Jann (who has a nose for sniffing out all things related to alcohol and women) asked me if I wanted to come with him to the Norwegian Students Club pub crawl b/c he had joined as a member. He then informed me that it's the best club on campus and they are known for their pub crawls every couple of weeks so I thought I'd check it out. We get to the first bar and it's absolutely packed..for $8 you get your Norwegian Students Club card, one free drink at every bar on the pub crawl (there were 5 we made it to) and membership for the rest of the year. Then they gave us a necklace that had a card attached to it where we wrote our name really big and it also had all the pubs listed and what group you were in (the Norwegians were very organized about the drinking I tell you), anyways there were so many people that we had groups A-F and would rotate pubs all ending up at the same club at the end. I lost my group after there first pub and so after that just started following anyone that blew the whistle and held up a letter. I met loads of norwegians and swedes, heard lots of talking that sounded like fluten flagen and had loads of beer as well. It was a really fun night..I'll definetly be hanging with the norwegians again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment