So last week was fun, we had the threat of an immigration raid on the house because of my landlord and his damn kiosks!! Anyways I got a phone call and had to run home and basically had 30 seconds to grab stuff from my room. Why did I have 30 seconds you ask?
1. Immigration had already turned up to one of the kiosks looking for 3 of my roommates who were working illegally so they thought they'd be looking at the house next.
2. My landlord was burning all his business papers in the bbq outside and I didn't want to be implicated because I was in the house.
3. Due to a crazy theory told to me by my grandma I felt like I should get my passport before it was seized and used to "blame god knows what on me"
Anyways so I ran in grabbed my passprt and my photos and ran out to my friend's waiting car and then I was free. You know why I was free because at that moment I really was okay with never seeing any of my other stuff again, I was just glad to be outta the situation. Yes it would have really sucked to lose it all but you know there are worse things..such as being put in immigration jail somehwere in the outback.
Needless to say 3 of my roommates left and now my landlord is determined to only hire legal workers, so 2 british backpackers are moving into the house tomorrow..let the fun and games begin again.
P.S. yes I am considering moving but dammit I've only got 5 weeks of school left and it's just too much to even think about at the moment, at least I know all the incriminating evidence has been burned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment