Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Lunchtime Chronicles

So today my favorite co-worker sassy Shirley tells me that this other lady that works with us Kathy is always commenting on her lunch everyday. Shirley will go to the refrigerator at noon and get her lunch, invariably Kathy is standing there and says something, like oh is that all you’re eating today (by the way Kathy is a total Debbie Downer so she says it in a DD voice). Today was an especially interesting day because when Shirley got out her salad and jello, Kathy says is that what you’re eating today, I hope you don’t get diarrhea. Shirley said she just looked at her like she was crazy, because honestly who says that out of the blue? Then Shirley told her, maybe I want diarrhea and walked off.

Also yesterday in the lunchroom, there was a discussion about how in Australia they eat kangaroo, and one lady says, eww that's an animal ain't it? I guess I would starve there. (I'm sure she eats meat so I don't know why the animal part bugs her.) But quickly the conversation shifted back to All My Children and isn't Susan Lucci about 60, and why does she always wear low cut tops when she has no boobs..good times!

2 comments:

Suz said...

Somehow I don't think salad and jello cause a person to have diarrhea...someone needs to slip "debbie downer" some ex-lax brownies to show her what really causes diarrhea. :)

Courtney O. said...

Someone should let that lady in on the "steak and chicken" secret. Or maybe not.