So instead of how are you doing today the Aussies say How are you going today..I like it. This week has been pretty hectic, #1 b/c I accidently ended up out on Monday night until 5am and had to work at 8:30am which made for a looong Tuesday but hell as my roomate pointed out I'm on vacation (even though I have a full-time job at this point) so it's all good. Also on Tuesday was the Melbourne Cup, which they say is the race that stops a nation. It's a big horse race that they have every year and it was Tues. afternoon, it really did stop everything, most offices were closed and the ones that weren't like the one I work at had parties. We had the races projected on the wall all day and free food and drink (lots of people had champagne which was gross) and they had all sorts of bets you could place on the race. I ended up winning $14 which was pretty cool. Also everyone was dressed up for race day and all the women had on big spring hats and stuff, really the festivities last all week it's called the Spring Carnival...very cool considering it's November. So last night my roomates and I were trying to figure out the plans for Christmas and New Years and it sounds like on Christmas Day we're have a Keg and a Barbie at the beach apparently it's the thing to do here..I can't wait!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to hear everything is going well so far! I would have loved wearing the big spring hats...I bet Joey would have liked it too.
When you have your Xmas Barbie, don't fall in the fire. It's been done. Was that me or Jolly? I think it was Jolly. We had to put her out.
Post a Comment